Bakken Well Service, Garden City, KS is now accepting application for its Williston, ND operations.
Bakken Well Service is committed to being the employer of choice in the Well Servicing Industry. We are family owned and operated since 1959. Our expansion into the Brakken Formation in North Dakota offers the opportunity to work in an expanding industry, where one can grow both personally and professionally. Loyalty is rewarded and we take pride in our employee retention rates that far exceed that of our competitors. This is a chance to get in on the ground floor in an exciting and fast paced industry. Earning potential for the first year, working 18 days on and 9 days off, is expected to be over $100k. Bakken Well Service will pay for the employees travel expenses to and from Garden City, KS Airport and North Dakota.
Working conditions in North Dakota can best be described as “frontier”. Employees will be housed in company “man-camps” where meals and board will be provided free of charge. Work is performed in all weather conditions ranging from 20 below zero in the winter to over 100 degrees in the summer. Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools, moving machinery and exposure to chemical substances such as paint, motor oil, and drilling mixture additives. This is NOT an environment for the faint of heart.
Operator Position (pays $29-$32/hr + safety and retention bonuses)
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Operates and supervises rig up and rig down of rig equipment such as (mud pump and power swivel)
· Operates rig when pulling or running tubing or rods from well bore. Operates rig in rig up and rig down procedures.
· Supervises floor hand and derrick hand in well service operations.
· Performs routine maintenance on rig, cleaning, greasing, oil changes and other duties so assigned by rig operator.
· Works with floor hand and derrick hand in maintenance and inspection of rig Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
· High School Diploma or GED; prefer college
· Minimum of 2 years experience in oil field; preferably service rigs
· Be knowledgeable of rig operations and of down hole conditions.
· Must have a valid driver's license; Class B CDL License preferred
· Must be able to handle standing, and reaching for long periods of time.
· Must be able to lift and move 75 pounds
· Must be willing to work in varying weather conditions; such as rain and extreme heat / cold.
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screening process (back ground, drug screen and medical)
*Must be able to work 12 hour shifts.